Accountant for BASE life science
Do you want to join a fast-growing global consultancy in the life science industry? We are currently looking to expand our Finance team with a top-notch accountant. Do you want to be part of an experienced and multicultural team? This might be your opportunity!
About the position
You will join the Finance and Business support team based in Copenhagen consisting of a CFO, an international business support, a senior financial controller, a junior controller, four accountants and you. Together with the other teams in People and Culture, we support BASE on all matters relating to finance, IT, people and culture and general business support both in Denmark and internationally.
If you have experience with invoicing, customer & project controlling, accounting and financial processes and wish to be part of a fast-growing consultancy firm that develops continuously, then BASE life science could be the perfect place for you to continue your career and make a significant impact by ensuring a faster, more efficient way of processing things.
Working in finance at BASE will, among other things, introduce you to the art of data, where you will be a part of laying the groundwork for the tools and structure BASE will use to build future expansion on; in other words, you will learn how to use data to build a business.
About the team
We are a team of many different backgrounds and areas of interest, but our collective drive to make a difference for each other, as well as for the rest of the organization, will make you feel like you are a part of a tightly knit team. The Finance and Business support team goes above and beyond and by enabling the entire organization to grow, you yourself will grow, learn, and develop your skills alongside your buddy in our mentor-program.
We value a humble, relaxed, open and trusting work environment, and laughter plays a big part as it makes every workday a breeze.
- Customer and project controlling.
- Assisting with monthly invoicing of customers.
- Customer and project data management.
- Assist in the monthly closing process.
- Preparing reports and dialogue with the business.
- Reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with international reporting.
- Handling incoming requests.
What experiences do you bring?
As a minimum, we expect you to have 1 year of experience and:
- 1-2 years’ experience from another accounting position
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English as it is our corporate language.
- It is a plus if you have experience with or a strong interest for handling and transforming data.
- It is a plus if you have strong proficiency in Excel.
- It is a plus if you have experience with or interest in working within PowerBI and database handling within a finance setting.
Lastly, we expect you to be willing to continuously build knowledge in the IT solutions and business areas where BASE is a leader, as we desire like-minded people who are curious and constantly seek new knowledge.
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, BASE works very close with the customer – in most cases even on behalf of the customer-on-customer side.
From our presence in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, UK, France and Italy we serve clients across Europe. Over the last three years, we have experienced substantial growth and we believe that the combination of a problem-solving mindset and a tailored approach to each client will deliver more growth in the years to come.
BASE partners with industry leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce and IQVIA and help to carve business value from digital platforms and data.
BASE life science has been recognized as one of the 25 best workplaces in Denmark and what makes us special is diversity – we have more than 30 different nationalities in our organization. We are Danish founded and have a Scandinavian culture across all our BASE locations. We offer our employees true flexible work arrangements as well as a comprehensive benefit package, opportunities for career advancement and a competitive salary.
What do we offer?
- Flexible schedule: fit it into your routine! At BASE we value our employees very much, and therefore work-life balance is an integral part of working at BASE.
- An entrepreneurial and multi-cultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
- An inspiring work environment with many social events.
- A culture that values your family & private life as an enabler for your job performance and is based on trust, diversity, and inclusion!
- Home office setup and a remote friendly mindset. If your job-assignments for the week works better from home, then you do that.
- During a regular workweek you will enjoy great food at our canteen and massages every Friday at our office. Every Friday you can choose to participate in breakfast alongside your team.
- We pay for a part of your fitness membership, as well as for your internet-bill. Additionally, we supply you with private healthcare and your monthly pay includes a pension scheme with additional insurance coverage.
- Alongside your manager you will agree on a development-plan that considers your wishes for future career developments, and you will continually make sure that we are all going in the right direction.
- All-in-all we will take very good care of you.
Are you interested?
If you are interested in this position do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. We will screen and evaluate incoming candidates on an ongoing basis and look forward to receiving your application.
To know more about the role, you are welcome to reach out to Brian Jack Rosendahl, Senior Financial Controller on firstname.lastname@example.org.