BASE life science was recently acquired by the global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting, Infosys. With Infosys as our catalyst, we will accelerate our expansion internationally over the coming years under the BASE life science brand. We are looking for an experienced Bid Manager with a proven track of orchestrating and driving large and complex proposals and contribute to being commercial excellent within life science tech. consulting.
You will be part of a niche consultancy with more than 280 of the most talented, multidisciplinary industry and technology experts across Denmark, Switzerland, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the US – with a global backbone of +335.000 colleagues from Infosys.
Who we are
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. We work exclusively in the life science sector with the primary focus of solving business and technology problems across value chain in pharma, biotech and medtech.
BASE partners with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce, IQVIA and Benchling to ensure additional business value from digital platforms and data.
About the role
We are looking for a talented and openminded Bid Manager with experience and motivation to build our internal Bid Management function from scratch and provide the necessary structure to serve our commercial units with complex RFP responses and proposals to our largest customers. In the role, you will be directly responsible for building and managing BASE life science’s bidding operations, supporting our commercial and delivery team to coordinate the best winning proposals. You will be responsible for combining the inputs from sales, with the technological expertise of our SMEs and delivery teams.
The role is perfect for talents with a high motivation for hands-on work and with a high analytical capacity, who thrive in a very informal environment.
The role is to be based in our office in Barcelona, anchored in our Commercial Operations team and reporting to the Commercial Excellence Manager, and you will be working in the intersection of our commercial leads, our account leads, and our delivery teams.
The primary responsibilities:
- You will have the end-to-end responsibility for the bid preparation of selected large and/or complex proposals including the entire bid lifecycle, such as coordination of experts to provide inputs, content compilation, alignment of value propositions, approval processes, and similar.
- This entails being responsible for the timely preparation of competitive, complex bids in cooperation with the specialist departments and the responsible areas, with a final product being a high-value, high-detail solution proposal tailored to the customer needs and BASE’s capabilities.
- Drive the whole bidding process and provide support to the technical and commercial teams in the analysis of RFP and lead the preparation of technical and economic offers, with the direct support of specialists in each area.
- Support for the drafting of technical documentation and the compilation of technical, legal, commercial, and similar inputs that are required by the bidding process.
- Identifying and assessing opportunities and threats, defining, and implementing suitable measures to reduce risks or exploit opportunities while ensuring the quality of inputs from different teams are provided, plus the timeline and deadlines are being followed.
- Regarding Q&A sessions, collection of different inputs from our experts to contact the client’s contracting departments for the resolution of doubts.
- Submission of the final proposal or registration of the proposals in the client’s system or share with the engagement lead who will submit to the customer.
- Follow-up, control, and leadership of all phases of the bidding process.
What makes you the best person for this job?
- +3 years of hands-on experience with Bid management, response of RFPs, and proposal preparation, in the pharma, IT, biotech industry and/or business consulting space with a strong technological understanding. Experience as Bid Manager for a large tech. or consultancy is a plus.
- Fluent in English both verbally and written.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and relate to client needs, translating them into winning proposals that address unique challenges effectively.
- A very strong project manager and orchestrator with good soft skills to manage stakeholders.
- Good understanding of best practices for visual presentations, storytelling, and ability to communicate complex value propositions within a technical proposal.
On top, you bring the qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor degree.
- Preferrable solid knowledge of how to write proposals for the pharmaceutical industry and/or experience in writing complex proposals for large technology or consultancy companies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, preferably proven experience in collaborating effectively across different teams and levels in a matrix organization, coordinating multicultural teams with different levels of seniority. Plan and deliver well-structured oral and written communications, with special focus on proposal documents that combine technical and commercial content.
- Tech-savvy power point wizard and excel ninja.
- Strong project manager with a very high sense of structure and deep respect for deadlines.
- Proven experience with project management, for large opportunities in terms of revenue, team size, operational complexity, and legal implications.
- Proficiency in identifying and solving problems and implementing effective solutions.
- Cross-cultural competence with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Most importantly: an open minded and happy individual who find the motivation in orchestrating and writing proposals.
The life sciences industry plays a significant role in improving the quality of life – or even saving lives – for millions of people all over the world. We at BASE find this to be highly motivating.
BASE life science is a consulting and technology company that provides management consulting and technology and data expertise to clients across the life sciences industry in Europe and beyond. We help our clients create real business value from technology and data – by simplifying business processes, enriching interactions with healthcare practitioners, fast-tracking research, and development, and reducing time to market for important new products.
BASE has been recognized as one of the 25 best workplaces in Denmark, Switzerland, and Spain and what makes us special is the diversity we value with 30 different nationalities in our team of almost 300 people (growing month by month). Our people are incredibly talented professionals, and our culture is quite informal. We have a highly collaborative approach to our work and enjoy socializing and celebrating whenever we have good occasions to do so. We encourage and embrace a flexible work life to ensure our people can live balanced and purposeful lives.
What do we offer?
In short, we offer you an entrepreneurial and multi-cultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers. We also offer:
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine.
- Remote friendly: within the CET time zone.
- Home office setup: You will get a laptop + electronic devices.
- On-top-of-your-salary ticket restaurants and other flexible remuneration possibilities.
- Gym membership.
- Health Insurance.
- Culture of trust, diversity & inclusion.
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
- You will be part of our mission to support our pharma customers better serving their customers… which are eventually the patients.
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. We will screen and evaluate all incoming candidates on an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Eric Expósito, People Partner at email@example.com.