We are seeking a Data Engineers for BASE Analytics
About BASE life science
BASE life science is an innovative and forward-thinking technology, product and service consultancy specialised in creating real business value from digital platforms and data. BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, BASE is specialised in working on the customer side of IT projects and systems.
Since the establishment in 2007, BASE life science has served customers across the globe, and we are currently operating from our offices in Denmark and Switzerland. Particularly over the last three years, we have experienced substantial growth. We believe that the combination of a problem-solving mindset and a tailored approach to each client will deliver significant value and lasting impact.
BASE partner with industry-
About BASE Analytics:
BASE Analytics is a growing practice area in BASE life science. BASE Analytics is a place where passionate people work with the latest advanced analytics technology to solve the most complex data-related challenges in the Pharmaceutical Industry.
We are not only advising – but are also producing production-ready Software and Services.
To join BASE Analytics, you need to love data, be ready to work in cross-functional teams, have excellent technical skills, and be willing to embark on a continuous learning journey.
Our customers trust BASE Analytics with their most critical data and projects. We can only live up to our promises by being an agile team with multiple skills: Analytic Translator, Data Scientists/Data Developer, Data Engineering/ Back-end development, Front-end, and DevOps.
About the role:
Your main task will be to use and develop BASE life science’s in-house migration framework and methodology to support customer data migration projects. This involves designing, implementing, and monitoring high performing data pipelines. You will be responsible for analysing and proposing solutions in case of functional issues or performance bottlenecks on specific projects. You will also be involved in developing custom functionality as required. As a data engineer, you will work with a team of BASE specialists and customers. The right candidate will be involved in the continuous development of BASE migration framework technology stack and long-term evolution.
Required competencies and experience:
- Loves data
- A BSc or MSc from a leading university in, e.g. IT, computer science, mathematics, natural science, information technology, or engineering with strong academic records
- Able to design and implement Production Quality software end to end. Select the right design patterns, coding technics and collaborative process and tools (git) in Python, Java, or Scala
- Experience in setting data pipeline (batch and real time). Using standard library or high-level cloud services and platform (e.g. Spark)
- Experience in integrating with REST API and streaming API including authentication and authorisation.
- Ability to develop a complete backend solution covering integration in a modern cloud architecture considering security and maintenance aspects.
- Experience in thorough testings and generating verification evidence
- Interest in the Deployment and monitoring of Machine Learning model in a compliant and secure manner
Furthermore, the ideal candidate has:
- Product development experience
- Understanding of processes in R&D or Quality areas in life science companies
- Proven experience with data migration
- Understanding of GxP
- Knowledge of Veeva, IQVIA and/or Salesforce solutions
What do we offer?
In short, we offer the possibility of working in an entrepreneurial role where you will quickly make an impact for BASE and our customers. In addition, we offer:
- Ongoing learning and development, with the ability to define the role you have at BASE over time
- An informal style of management, with direct access to the top management of BASE
- An inspiring work environment with many social events and great colleagues
- Competitive compensation
Are you intrigued?
We will continuously evaluate incoming applications, and we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. Please put “Data Engineer” as the title of your email and send your application, including relevant grade transcripts and your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.