Who are we
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, BASE is specialized in working on the customer side of IT projects and systems.
From our offices in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany and Spain, we serve customers across Europe. Over the last three years, we have experienced substantial growth. We believe that the combination of a problem-solving mindset and a tailored approach to each client will deliver significant value and lasting impact.
BASE partner with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva and IQVIA.
Your main task will be to help our Pharma customers R&D or Quality departments identify use cases and build advanced analytics solutions on their Cloud platforms (AWS, Google or Azure). You will have roles and responsibilities distributed throughout the solution value chain, such as use case generation and ideation, solution drafting, spinning up the required infrastructure, building functional prototypes, refining and finalizing solutions. You will be responsible for building solutions for our customers on their cloud platform, using managed cloud services. As a Cloud Consultant, you will work with a team of BASE specialists and customers. The right candidate will be involved in the continuous development of BASE Cloud services and products.
Who are you
As a minimum, we expect you to have proven experience working with Cloud Platforms – preferably within life science. As an ideal candidate you:
- Love data
- Have 3 (or more) years of working experience with implementing/configuring cloud services (hands-on), likely on Azure or AWS
- Design, build and implement infrastructure and platform services using DevOps processes and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Cloudformation, ARM, Terraform)
- Have a BSc or MSc from a leading university in, e.g. computer science, finance, economics, information technology, or engineering with strong academic records
- Can design and implement production-quality software end to end. Select the right design patterns, coding technics and collaborative process and tools (git) in Python, Java, or Scala
- Have experience building data pipelines (batch and real-time). Using standard libraries or high-level cloud services and platform (e.g. Spark, AWS Glue, Azure Datafactory, Databricks)
- Can develop a complete backend solution covering integration in a modern cloud architecture considering security and maintenance aspects.
- Are experienced in thorough testing and generating verification evidence
- Interest in the Deployment and monitoring of Machine Learning model in a compliant and secure manner
Furthermore, the ideal candidate has:
- Understanding of R&D and/or Quality business areas in life science companies
- Product development experience
- Understanding of GxP
- Knowledge of Veeva, IQVIA and/or Salesforce solutions
- Ability to structure tasks and sense of details
- Relevant cloud certifications are a plus (e.g. on AWS, Azure, GCP)
What do we offer
In short, we offer you an entrepreneurial and multi-cultural working environment, where you will be able to make a real impact for our customers.
Are you intrigued?
If you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please get in touch – we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV and cover letter marked “Data Science Architect” to email@example.com. We will review applications as they come in.