BASE life science is looking for a General Manager for Germany
BASE life science is looking for an entrepreneurial & ambitious General Manager to grow the German market and team. The General Manager will be the 2nd employee in Germany so an entrepreneurial mindset is a must.
The General Manager is expected to grow and lead the organization and commercial operations in Germany for BASE life science’s consulting services and product portfolio.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 8-10 years of successful sales and delivery experience within the German life science market with a strong reputation and professional network within Germany. It would be beneficial to have experience within the R&D function of a pharmaceutical company but is not a must.
You should thrive, adapt, and persist in an environment of rapid change, be highly innovative and agile and have a strong track record of leading and developing individuals and teams.
• Identify and drive new opportunities in the market as well as build and manage the affiliate in Germany with overall responsibility for local business planning & cross-functional leadership supported by the Sales Director and Practice Area Leads of Customer Engagement and R&D at HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark
• Lead development and implementation of local launch plan in line with HQ global strategy
• Drive revenue growth and manage overall country P&L
• Create and maintain trust-based relationships with life science clients, industry associations and regulators at senior levels to advance business priorities
• Participate in activities that create awareness of the BASE life science brand in the German market
• Contribute to the organisation’s overall strategy and provide timely input to senior management on opportunities, challenges, and risks and adjust country plans as needed
• Grow and manage the team as well as being involved in people development
Experience and Qualifications
• Experience building, managing and developing a team
• Relevant academic degree at Masters level
• Experience providing high value and high-quality consulting services and leadership within the life science industry
• Sales and delivery experience with R&D Content Management (Veeva, Trackwise, Documentum, Aris Global etc.) with the capability to understand and connect regulatory requirements, business processes, and functionality of IT systems
• Experience building and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders within pharmaceutical companies
• Track record of delivering results and value in a short timeframe
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – fluent in verbal and written German (native) and English (corporate language)
BASE has approx. 110 employees with our HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark, and have an international outreach. We are growing and currently have affiliates in Spain, Germany & Switzerland.
If you have the drive and the experience, we will provide the necessary product training from the start and enable collaboration with the BASE Practice Area Leads within Customer Engagement and R&D both at customers and back-office.
Additionally, we offer:
• Strong team spirit
• An attractive package
• A rapidly growing workplace with flexible working hours and very ambitious and skilled colleagues
• Ongoing learning and development for employees
• Informal style of management and communication with direct access to executive management if needed
• Internal training in BASE project accelerators and approach by BASE subject matter experts
Are you intrigued?
If you are looking to be part of an exciting and innovative organization, where you can make a difference, please get in touch!
If you have questions regarding this position, please reach out to our CEO Martin Woergaard at email@example.com or tel. no. +45 53 69 00 34
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review applications as they come in. Application deadline is the 7th of March 2021.