The life sciences industry performs a considerable function in enhancing quality of life – or even saving lives – for millions of people all over the world. We at BASE life science find this to be a highly motivating purpose, not least how the use of technology and data increases the potential impact of the industry exponentially.
Who we are
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, we work very closely with the customer – in most cases, even on behalf of the customer-on-customer side.
From our offices in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and United Kingdom, we serve customers across Europe – and beyond. Our clear focus on life science – based on our deep understanding of the local market – enables us to deliver tailored solutions that deliver significant value and lasting impact.
BASE life science partners with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce and IQVIA and help to carve business value from digital platforms and data.
About the role
We are excited to begin our expansion in the AI Solutions domain. At BASE life science we have a newly established ensemble of 9 members AI Solutions team.
At BASE life science, we form collaborations with industry-leading solution providers such as Veeva, Salesforce, and IQVIA, working together to extract business value from digital platforms, data, and integrated AI solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing data structures essential for integrated solutions within Veeva, Salesforce, and IQVIA platforms.
- Collaborating to create and implement RESTful APIs, ensuring seamless communication between system components.
- Working with AI specialists to build and integrate solutions tailored to our platform partners.
- Engaging in the integration with 3rd party systems and APIs to elevate functionality and user experience.
- Adopting quality assurance and testing protocols to uphold the reliability and quality of our solutions.
- Establishing effective communication channels with clients to align our solutions with their requirements.
- Providing technical support during implementation, fostering smooth transitions and long-term relationships.
- Staying updated and engaging in knowledge sharing within the AI, Java, and Pharma domains to continually enhance team capabilities.
What experiences do you bring?
- Master’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) or another quantitative field.
- Strong experience with Java and/or other programming languages (e.g., Python, R, C++,SQL, etc.).
- Foundational understanding of AI, machine learning, and deep learning principles.
- Familiarity with basic AI algorithms, neural networks, and statistical analysis.
- Experience with machine learning libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Deeplearning4j.
- Knowledge of major cloud providers (GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to understand and solve complex problems.
- Strong ability to communicate and work effectively in a team.
Additionally, you might have experience with collaborative software development using Git, UNIX and in working with GxP or other regulated data, preferably from the pharmaceutical industry. You have an advantage if you come with an understanding of pharmaceutical data in the R&D space (clinical, regulatory, quality, safety).
Why BASE life science?
BASE life science has been recognized as one of the 25 best workplaces in Denmark and what makes us special is the diversity, we value with more than 30+ different nationalities in our team. Our people and culture are uniquely defined by incredibly talented professionals, and we adopt a progressive approach to people management. No matter our differences as characters and personalities, we work together, and we respect and trust individuals’ niche skills and specialisms. Open-minded and goal-orientated, our employees are encouraged to speak up, raise ideas, flag risks, and challenge the status quo.
What we offer
We encourage flexibility and trust our employees, we believe that you can get things done while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. More specifically:
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine.
- Remote friendly: within the CET time zone.
- Home office setup: You will get a laptop + electronic devices.
- Gym membership.
- Health Insurance.
- Culture of trust, diversity & inclusion.
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
- You will be part of our mission to support our pharma customers better serving their customers … which are eventually the patients.
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. We will screen and evaluate all incoming candidates on an ongoing basis. We look forward to receiving your application.