The life sciences industry plays a significant role in advancing healthcare and improving the quality of life – in many cases, saving millions of lives globally. At BASE life science, this is the motivation for everything we do, aimed at pushing boundaries, seeking excellence, and making a lasting difference through consulting expertise and data-driven solutions.
Who is BASE life science?
Founded in 2007, BASE life science is a business and technology consulting enterprise working exclusively in the life sciences industry.
From our headquarters in Denmark and offices in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America, we serve customers across the globe. With a deep understanding of the life sciences industry, we work hand in hand with customers to identify, develop, and implement strategic initiatives that drive growth, efficiency, and overall success through tailored solutions.
Our partnership with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce, IQVIA, Benchling, Google and MediSpend ensures that our clients harness the full potential of the most innovative solutions on the market.
About the role
As a Client Director for our operations in Switzerland, you will serve as the linchpin of our client-centric operations in these key regions. Your primary objective will be bringing new clients and expanding our key client relationships within the Swiss market, serving as a focal point for customers’ demands, ensuring that their needs are met with tailored solutions and unwavering support. This role demands a door opener and strategic thinker who understands the ongoing digital transformation within the R&D field and capable of leveraging new opportunities with new clients as well as within our existing client base to drive growth and foster long-term relationships. All the above with the contribution of developing and implementing effective strategies to bring new clients to our portfolio.
Your responsibilities will revolve around understanding client objectives, coordinating internal teams to deliver on requests, RfP and projects, aligning with our Commercial Excellence team on our ways of working as well as identifying avenues for account expansion within these specific markets. You’ll champion our company’s values, ensuring that client expectations are not only met but surpassed, ultimately contributing to our sustained success in the Swiss and potentially North Italian market.
This position represents an exciting opportunity to help the clients to drive their digital transformation within R&D, align our offerings with client goals, and maintain a proactive approach in addressing their evolving needs, while you create and manage your own pipeline of customers and prospects. Your insights and relationship-building skills will play a pivotal role in shaping our client engagement strategies, further solidifying our position as a trusted partner.
As a R&D Client Director for Switzerland your responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key SMB clients in the R&D field, serving as their primary point of contact.
- Understand client needs, objectives, and challenges to propose tailored solutions and strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure timely delivery of services and solutions aligned with client expectations.
- Identify new prospects and opportunities for account growth and upselling additional services or products.
- Lead strategic discussions and presentations to align company offerings with SMB client goals in the R&D space.
- Monitor client satisfaction and address any issues or concerns promptly and effectively.
- Provide regular reports and updates on account status, performance, and opportunities to the management team.
- Creation and management of your own customer and prospects’ pipeline.
We offer this position in Switzerland.
What makes you the best person for this job?
You are the right candidate if you have the following competences:
- 10+ years of consultancy experience with a track record of supporting the adoption and implementation of digital projects, e.g., technology/digital transformation programs for the management of systems in the pharma and/or biotech industry.
- 10+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or life science R&D activities, having delivered multiple projects in this area.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to understand and relate to client needs, translating them into winning proposals that address unique challenges effectively.
It will be a plus if you have these additional capabilities:
- Bachelor or Master´s degree.
- In depth knowledge of the Life Science industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, preferably proven experience in collaborating effectively across different teams and levels in a matrix organization. Plan and deliver well-structured oral and written communications in English.
- Experience with digital technologies platforms to manage the different systems in the R&D field.
- Proven track record of developing new offerings for clients.
- Proficiency in identifying and solving problems and implementing effective solutions.
- Cross-cultural competence with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
What makes us the best employer for you?
BASE life science has been recognized as an outstanding workplace, earning us the Great Place To Work certification in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
We are proud to represent 35+ nationalities among our colleagues, and firmly believe in the power of diverse perspectives and characteristics to drive truly innovative solutions and achieving excellence.
At the heart of our organization lies a foundation grounded in five core values: team spirit, trust, openness, ambition, and execution. We cultivate an environment that champions flexibility, placing confidence in our employees to successfully complete tasks while upholding a healthy work-life balance. Additionally, we place significance in cross-functional collaboration, where niche skills and specialisms are valued and challenging the status quo is encouraged.
Additionally, we offer you:
- Health insurance.
- Remote work friendliness.
- Ongoing learning and development.
- Flexible schedules to fit your work to your routine.
- Contributions to physical, social, and emotional health.
- Home office setup with laptop and other electronic devices.
- The chance to help make a difference for patients around the world.
If you find this position intriguing, don’t delay — submit your application at your earliest convenience. We are continuously reviewing and assessing all incoming candidates and eagerly await your application.