Accelerate your personal and professional development as a Senior Business Consultant at one of Europe’s leading life science consultancies.
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, BASE life science works very closely with the customer – in most cases even on behalf of the customer.
From our offices in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, France, UK and Spain, we serve customers across Europe. Our clear focus on Life Science – based on our deep understanding of the local market – enables us to deliver tailored solutions that deliver significant value and lasting impact.
BASE life science partners with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce and IQVIA and help to carve business value from digital platforms and data.
As a Senior Business Consultant, you will take a key role in customer projects, which are placed at the very top of their strategic agendas. In these projects you will act as the link between business and IT and be able to exploit your skills within problem-solving, digital strategy, agile, innovation, business process optimization, or similar. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to join cross-professional teams and work with highly specialized colleagues within the life science domain.
All projects are unique, but as a Senior Business Consultant you are expected to drive:
- Facilitation of workshops (requirement gathering, feature prioritization, process development, etc.)
- Analysis and benchmarking of IT and market trends
- Development and documentation of IT and business processes
- Coordination between cross-functional project activities (project planning, activities tracking, status meetings)
- Development of digital strategies
- Facilitation of innovation sprints
- Advisory to clients on navigating the digital landscape within the life science industry
As a person, you are curious and possess a thirst for solving the customers’ most difficult problems. You know how to manage a tricky project with many stakeholders and hold excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
As a minimum, it is expected that you:
- Hold a relevant master’s degree in e.g. business, finance, economics, mathematics, information technology, or engineering with above-average academic achievements
- Have +3 years of experience within a consulting company or similar
- Have experience in applying meaningful technologies, methodologies, and techniques to solve business problems
- Master English at a professional level as it is our and our customers’ company language
It is not a requirement to have work experience in life science, rather, you should be able to identify with the following characteristics:
- Eagerness to learn: you have a proactive mindset and acquire knowledge quickly
- Quality mindset: you take responsibility for your work, accept that mistakes happen, and know that sharing and learning from them is important
- Excellent communication skills: you find it natural to facilitate conversations, enforce structure, and like breaking down complex matters into concrete, understandable pieces
- Driven: you are highly motivated, confident, and ready to make a difference
- Team-player: you enjoy being part of a team, know how to read a room, and connect with new people easily
What we offer
We offer a skilled and multi-cultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact on our company and customers. More specifically:
- We encourage flexibility and trust our employees
- We believe that you can get things done while maintaining a healthy work-life balance
- We are willing to invest in the development of our employees, as we believe their success is fundamental to our own
- We provide ample opportunity to progress and shape your career
- We have an open and evolving culture where you belong as an equal and are encouraged to bring your whole self to work each day
- Probably the best co-workers you’ve ever had, and the chance to laugh alongside them at weekly Friday bars, company dinners or at our annual off-site
- Benefits such as pension, health and dental insurance, contribution to fitness memberships, and free massages at the office
- Competitive salary in accordance with experience and capabilities
- Working within an interesting and complex context, creating, and implementing solutions in top pharmaceutical companies
Are you intrigued?
If you are looking to be a part of our team, please get in touch with us – we would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Christian Svendsen, R&D Consulting Manager, at CSVE@baselifescience.com.