In BASE life science we are currently expanding our Data & Analytics team (DnA) with a handful of dedicated and passionate analytical masterminds, who will become an essential part of growing and defining our domain area. We want you on our team and being part of fellow-minded analysts improving commercial pharma!
Why do we need you?
BASE life science DnA is a centre of excellence covering data dimensions in Commercial aspects of pharma. The goal is to combine specialised knowledge across different disciplines to create lasting value in commercial life science aspects. The consulting and implementation areas we cover include Master Data Management, Data Warehousing, Analytics front-end, Incentive compensation modelling, AI & machine learning, including data lakehouse solutions. It is always combined with the dedicated knowledge of life science and established between business and IT. A practical example of these engagements is: Developing a strategy and concrete project roadmap for a client to become a data-driven company across all these disciplines.
BASE DnA covers a multitude of disciplines such as Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, and Advanced Analytics. We collaborate with other cross-related Customer Engagement domain areas (Digital Engagement, Content, CRM, Compliance) in BASE life science, to deliver the full set of solutions to our clients’ portfolios.
What will your role look like?
You will join a team counting multiple Business Analysts, Subject Matter Experts as well as Data Architects and Data/Analytics Engineers – all focusing on the life science Customer Engagement practice area such as Market Access, Marketing, Sales, and Commercial Compliance. Your role will be to work in client projects as a Data/Analytics Engineer, extracting and modelling data on modern data platforms such as Databricks, AWS Redshift, BigQuery and Snowflake. It is first and foremost a technical role, but you are also expected to dive into business requirements analysis as you will be modelling data to fit analytical business needs.
You will play a key role in the continuous development of DnA & deliverables. More specifically, you will be:
- Gathering business requirements from commercial areas & functions in pharma companies
- Setting up data extract pipelines from relevant source systems
- Modelling and transforming data to accommodate business needs
- Communicating with business analysts to accommodate report needs
- Training and upskilling to keep up with technical industry trends
- Participating in client workshop facilitation & coordination
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team
- Supporting in further developing the offerings and processes in DnA
- Doing ad hoc project support
The position can be based out of Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, or the UK.
- MSc, BSc or similar from a leading university in the field of Computer Science, IT, Finance, economics, Engineering or similar
- Good amount of practical experience with data modelling and transformation for analytics using SQL
- Good experience with data warehouse development
- Practical experience with advanced Business Intelligence and / or Data Analytics projects
- Have a drive to be curious and learn – we do not expect you to be fluent in all the major platforms such as Databricks, AWS Redshift, Snowflake or BigQuery, but we expect you to want to learn about these – including modern tools such as dbt (data build tool)
- Be characterised as having an analytical mindset and an independent approach to problem solving combined with a high genuine affinity
- Be self-driven
It is a great plus if you have:
- Experience in Veeva CRM, OCE or Salesforce application
- Experience with: Power BI, dbt (data build tool), one of the major platforms (Databricks, AWS Redshit, Snowflake or BigQuery), and experience with any data extraction tool (e.g. Fivetran, SSIS, Azure Data Factory, etc.)
- Have experience with Scrum and Agile work methodology – SAFe, Kanban, DevOps, Jira
- High proficiency in SQL
In BASE life science we are curious people, and we like to keep up to date on the latest trends. You are probably likeminded and enjoy constantly seeking new knowledge within the sphere of data analysis.
Daily, the life sciences industry plays a significant role in improving quality of life – or even saving lives – for millions of people all over the world. We find this to be a highly motivating purpose, not least how the use of technology and data increases the potential impact of the industry exponentially.
BASE life science is a consulting and technology company that provides management consulting, technology, and data expertise to clients across the life sciences industry in Europe and beyond. We help our clients create real business value from technology and data – by simplifying business processes, enriching interactions with healthcare practitioners, fast-tracking research, and development, and reducing time to market for important new products.
BASE has been recognized as one of the 25 best workplaces in Denmark, where we are headquartered, as well as in Spain and what makes us special is the diversity we value, with 30 different nationalities in our team. Our culture is uniquely defined by incredibly talented professionals who we trust to do a great job without watching over their shoulders. We are quite informal, and we enjoy socializing and celebrations whenever we have good occasions to do so. As an organization, we develop continuously, and we encourage and truly embrace a flexible work life to ensure our people can live balanced lives.
If you have experience as a Business Analyst and want to continue your career as part of a fast-growing international consultancy for the life science industry that develops continuously, then this role is for you.
We will screen and evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions beyond the information provided here, please reach out to Eric Expósito, People Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org