The life sciences industry performs a considerable function in enhancing quality of life – or even saving lives – for millions of people all over the world. We at BASE life science find this to be a highly motivating purpose, not least how the use of technology and data increases the potential impact of the industry exponentially.
Who we are
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry, we work very closely with the customer – in most cases, even on behalf of the customer-on-customer side.
From our offices in Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the US we serve customers across the globe. Our clear focus on life science – based on our deep understanding of the local market – enables us to deliver tailored solutions that deliver significant value and lasting impact.
BASE life science partners with industry-leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce, IQVIA and Benchling and helps to carve business value from digital platforms and data.
About the role
Our Service Engagement Manager is the primary owner of one or several managed service engagements with our mid-sized customers. While this includes overseeing the day-to-day operational work and ensuring KPIs are met, there is also a strong focus on providing value to the customer by being a sparring partner of the customer at eyes height. This role will report to the System operation Sr manager.
As a Service Engagement Manager, you will have these responsibilities:
- Own the customer relationship for ongoing services (“Run-the-business”) but also smaller CRs / projects (“Enhance-the-business”) .
- Provide consulting advice on solution approach, architecture & business process (if applicable supported by our business consulting and / or architecture team).
- Speak the language of the customer in terms of business process and company size (mid-size)
- Oversee & orchestrate the delivery of service tickets (ITSM&ITIL).
- Act as the transition point between the customer and BASE development / configuration / implementation-team.
- Act as an escalation point in case of prioritizing questions.
- Report weekly status to (commercial) engagement lead.
- Ensures service delivery within budget & time.
- Contribute to the selection and assignment of the adequate resources for the engagements.
- Run regular meeting cadence with customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plan & execute roadmap & release review sessions with the customer.
- Coordinating backlog & release management while working with the product owner.
- Support engagement lead in identifying new business and maintaining the contracts/paperwork.
- Ensure monthly invoicing to the customers together with invoicing department.
This position is to be located in Germany.
What makes you the best person for this job?
Is there something missing here? I would see the following skills
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and its commercial business processes
- Deep knowledge of CRM systems especially Veeva, IQVIA and Salesforce
- Experience in managed service / IT service management
- Knowledge of tools like Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow
- Experience in managing a team of managed service consultants
On top, you have the next skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Pharma, life sciences, or equivalent.
- Between 3-5 years’ experience with the system in scope
- Experience in consulting.
- Proficiency in English and German (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills together with strong negotiation, presentation and communication skills
And it will be a plus if you have this additional Skills:
- Proven experience in the Life sciences industry in a system owner role or customer success role
- Training in Project management or experience in managing projects
- Training in SAFe or other Agile methods, and/or ITIL
If you are a strong team player, have leadership skills to carry out difficult decisions, and have ability to work as a management team member to engage and influence team members in an agile environment, you will fit working in a professional and dynamic international team like ours. You will also be a great fit if you enjoy working in a global environment, interact efficiently and remotely with all your key partners, and if are not afraid of a dynamic environment.
Why BASE life science?
BASE life science has been recognized as one of the 25 best workplaces in Denmark, Switzerland and Spain and what makes us special is the diversity, we value with more than 30+ different nationalities in our team. Our people and culture are uniquely defined by incredibly talented professionals, and we adopt a progressive approach to people management. No matter our differences as characters and personalities, we work together, and we respect and trust individuals’ niche skills and specialisms. Open-minded and goal-orientated, our employees are encouraged to speak up, raise ideas, flag risks, and challenge the status quo.
What we offer
We encourage flexibility and trust our employees, we believe that you can get things done while maintaining a healthy work-life balance. More specifically:
- Flexible schedule: Fit it into your routine.
- Remote friendly.
- Home office setup: You will get a laptop + electronic devices.
- Culture of trust, diversity & inclusion.
- An entrepreneurial and multicultural work environment, where you will be able to quickly make an impact for our customers.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow your career.
- You will be part of our mission to support our pharma customers in better serving their customers … which are eventually the patients.
If you are interested in this position, do not hesitate to apply as soon as possible. We will screen and evaluate all incoming candidates on an ongoing basis. We look forward to receiving your application.