We are looking for Software Developers in Denmark and Spain
The life sciences industry performs a considerable role in enhancing the quality of life – or even saving lives – for millions of people all over the world. We at BASE, find this to be a highly motivating purpose, not least how the use of technology and data increases the potential impact of the industry exponentially.
Who are we?
BASE life science is a business and technology consulting company founded in 2007. Working exclusively within the life science industry. BASE is specialized in working on the customer side of technology projects and IT systems.
From our offices in Denmark, Switzerland, Germany, Spain and Italy we serve clients across Europe. Over the last three years, we have experienced substantial growth and we believe that the combination of a problem-solving mindset and a tailored approach to each client will deliver even more growth in the years to come.
BASE partners with industry leading solution providers, including Veeva, Salesforce and IQVIA and help to carve business value from digital platforms and data.
About the role
- Work with a team of BASE specialists and customers and be involved in the continuous development of BASE Cloud services and products, using managed cloud services and building our own services.
- Be part of a team with roles and responsibilities distributed throughout the solution value chain, such as use case generation and ideation, solution drafting, spinning up the required infrastructure, building functional prototypes, MVPs and final solutions and products.
- Help identify use cases for new products and build advanced analytics solutions and be responsible for taking selected project-specific solutions in Python and re-write them into mature software products.
- Work mainly remote if preferable and with opportunities to meet the project teams on location.
As our new Software Developer, you love building good software solutions and have proven experience working with Software Development on Cloud Platforms – preferably within life science.
You come equipped with:
- Minimum 3 years of experience with designing and implementing software solutions end-to-end in an object-oriented programming language, such as Java or C# and with knowledge of Python.
- Hands-on experience with implementing/configuring cloud services likely on Azure or AWS.
- Design, build and implement infrastructure and platform services using DevOps processes and infrastructure-as-code (e.g. CloudFormation, ARM, Terraform).
- BSc or MSc from a leading university in Computer Science, Information Technology, and the like.
- Interest in data pipelining (batch and real-time), using standard libraries or high-level cloud services and platforms.
- A customer-oriented service mindset, and the ability to work structured with a sense of details whilst maintaining deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
It adds great value if you have:
- Interest in getting an understanding of GxP and business processes in life science.
- Knowledge of software development in GxP regulated environments.
- Experience with Agile/ SCRUM / SAFe projects.
- Basic knowledge of REST APIs
- An interest in data science and modelling.
- Knowledge of Veeva, IQVIA and/or Salesforce solutions.
- Relevant cloud certifications, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP.