Are you our new Student Marketing Associate?
About BASE life science
BASE life science is a niche consulting company founded in 2007, working exclusively within the life science industry and specialized in the intersection between technology and business consulting within the realm of commercial and R&D in life science value chain. We help our customers get the most out of their technology investments within these domains.
We are a truly international consultancy with headquarters in Lyngby, just outside Copenhagen, and with international operations in Switzerland, Spain, Germany, and the UK. We have a diverse group of colleagues with 19 different nationalities.
Our two main practice areas are Customer Engagement and Research & Development (R&D). We serve customers in Denmark and across Europe and over the last three years, we have experienced substantial growth, now employing approximately 120 colleagues across our offices. BASE was recognized as a Børsen Gazelle company in 2019 and 2020.
Marketing at BASE
We are ambitious and have high expectations for the years to come, both when it comes to adding value to our customers’ most important problems, but also regarding our growth and internationalization.
A critical part of this journey includes strengthening BASE’s position in the market by promoting our capabilities, services, and products, as well as working actively with employer branding.
BASE is looking for a Student Marketing Associate that can help us drive this marketing journey over the coming years. The Student Marketing Associate will be responsible for our general marketing execution, working closely with BASE’s management teams and our practice areas. Additionally, you will assist our Head of Strategy to ensure that we develop and maintain a strong link between our strategy and our marketing efforts.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Support our management team in defining and executing the marketing strategy for BASE and our practice areas
- Be on top of our marketing activities and help coordinate efforts internationally, such as:
- Creating and distributing external communications through our website, social media, and other channels
- Planning and executing events, roundtables, and webinars
- Performing market analyses
- Helping clarify our branding and visual identity
- Assisting subject matter experts in creating thought leadership assets such as whitepapers
Your BASE will be our headquarters outside Copenhagen, and report directly to the Head of Strategy and Commercial Operations and be part of a diverse team of talents with various nationalities and thus work in an international and agile work environment.
We are looking for a student who is available to work between 10 and 20 hours a week, of which a significant part can be completed by working remotely. Ideally you are on the last year of your bachelor’s degree or the first year of your master’s degree within a marketing-relevant specialty.
It is preferable if you have some experience working multidisciplinary within marketing and experience within B2B marketing, though eagerness to learn and a self-driven attitude are the most important traits.
Based on the role description, experience working with social media management and associated best practices, KPIs and measurements are highly beneficial. Technical skills, including proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite tools like InDesign and Photoshop are valued, but not required. Understanding of other relevant digital marketing tools is also valued. In addition, we look for the following qualities in the applicant:
- A high level of personal drive and enthusiasm—you will be responsible for orchestrating BASE’s marketing effort in close collaboration with BASE’s management and subject matter experts at BASE
- Good project management skills, including the ability to manage, structure, and work within the constraints of budgets and project timelines
- A hands-on mindset, and high level of proactivity with a focus on executing required deliverables with highest possible quality
- High analytical capacity and able to conduct analyses on your own
- The ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form
- An ability to translate and present complex subject matter information in a simple, understandable way
- Fluency in English, both written and oral
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about the life science and pharmaceutical industry
What do we offer?
In short, we offer the possibility of working in an entrepreneurial end open environment in a scale-up company where you will quickly make an impact for BASE and our customers. In addition, we offer:
- Ongoing learning and development, with the ability to define the role you have at BASE over time
- An informal style of management, with direct access to the top management of BASE
- An inspiring work environment with many social events and great colleagues
Are you intrigued?
If you would like to hear more, please reach out to Kasper Simonsen at email@example.com (+45 29216643).
We will continuously evaluate incoming applications, and we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. Please put “Student Marketing Associate” as the title of your email and send your application, including relevant grade transcripts and your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.